This is a quick and flavourful side for those busy soccer/ game nights. Full of protein, complex carbs from the quinoa- so your blood sugar levels will not spike. The spinach adds fiber, Vitamin A and magnesium making this a power packed food for on-the-go nights!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, boil 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups broth of your choice.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the mix, and cook until done.
- Fluff with a fork.
- You can use water instead of broth, too but I find the broth adds a nice flavour to the end product.
- In a pan, sauté the onions till golden brown, add garlic and suate for a minute or so.
- Make sure the garlic does not burn/ turn brown, as it will give a pungent taste.
- Add the spinach and sauté till soft.
- Add the quinoa, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm as a side dish or serve as base with chicken / fish fillet
Great dish for office lunch, family meals, pot-lucks or picnics.