I bet the kids in most households have this happy, ecstatic expression on their face when they see the candies and other sweet goodies being offered during Halloween.
- rolling your eyes
- desperation on how to stay away from it
- part guilty (coz you are enjoying the sugar rush too!… wink, wink)
- 1. Be practical and have realistic expectations, from the kids and yourselves.
- 2. You can decide in advance as a family what the limit might be for candies and other treats for everyone. That way you don’t have to argue over it when the time comes.
- 3. Give away or share with others- specially if you are hosting a party and have leftovers. Before the guests leave prepare small goodie bags to give them. When the stuff is gone from the house so will the temptation be.
- 4. Think of healthier swaps for sugar. Here are some ideas:
|Swap this||With this|
|White table sugar||Stevia|
|55% dark chocolate||85% dark chocolate|
|Milk chocolate||Dark chocolate|
|Processed honey||Raw organic local honey|
|Processed brown sugar||Raw brown sugar|
|Processed Molasses||Blackstrap molasses|
Remember the “Spirit of Halloween” (no pun intended) is to celebrate and have fun.
So do just that, will ya!
By the way, if you want to enjoy the upcoming Holidays guilt free and stay on track with your health goals, I’ve got just the right guide for you. Get Access Here.