We all enjoy chocolate indulgence. It’s February already, and so is the time of the month to celebrate love and loved ones. Now is there a better way to say it than with heart shaped chocolates?
Yes, there is! What??!
Ofcourse, there is- when YOU MAKE those chocolates for your loved ones!!
I’ll show how with this quick and easy recipe with less than 5 ingredients from your pantry.
You know what the best part of this recipe is? It’s concocted by my son!! Yes, these chocolates you see in this picture are made by him. How could I not share that in bold font?…..Love you my baby!!
Let’s get started then.
- 1 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. organic grated dry coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cold pressed organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder (optional)
- hazel nuts or almonds (optional)
- Both the maple syrup and coconut oil quantities are approximate. Adjust amount to desired sweetness and paste like – pourable consistency
- The ingredient quantities are all quite approximate. Adjust them to your suitability.
Cooking with the heart is all about that anyways, is it not?
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture in heart shaped moulds ( I use a heart shaped ice-cube tray)
- Freeze them for an hour to make them hard.
- Remove chocolate pieces from the tray and store in an airtight container.
- Keep the chocolate bites frozen or refrigerated, until serving (else the coconut oil can melt at warmer temperatures)
Sign up here for our Email Club and never miss on an upcoming new recipe, blog or nutrition tips/ resources.