- I’m not good enough.
- I need to suck it up and do it so my parents can be proud of me.
- I have to prove my husband that I can do this.
- What will my child think of me if I give up?
- My boss trusts me so much….I can’t let him down on this project.
- I’ve committed to volunteering for my son’s school field trip, I can’t back off now.
- I may need a break but I can’t be selfish, my family needs me.
- If other women can do this, why can’t I?
- It ashamed to ask for help, I should be able to figure this out on my own.
- I have to get this done, or I’ll let my colleagues will laugh at me.
If thoughts like these come to your mind often, it means- YOU ARE TRAPPED.
You are trapped in an invisible cage that your own mind has built for you.
This cage has no iron bars, and yet it’s got enough power to hold you back.
This cage is so small that it suffocates and chokes you every day.
This cage has no lock and key, and yet you can’t get out of it.
You are trapped in the inescapable mind-chatter cage!
Oh don’t get me wrong; your mind is necessary for your survival.
It helps you make intelligent decisions, be creative, deal with tricky situations, learn new skills, earn money, plan and organise events and many more things which I don’t need to spell out here.
You know all about it.
But at the same time, we create some situations and rules in our mind which trap us, imprison us and stop us from living a free life.
Unfortunately this entrapment does not stop at the mental level.
It manifests on the physical level as well! It may show up as symptoms like:
- Extreme fatigue
- Difficulty waking up in the morning
- Difficulty going to sleep at night
- Food cravings and binges
- Insatiable appetite
- Weight gain around abdomen
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Hormonal imbalances
- Oversensitivity and irritability
- Screaming and yelling at kids for no big reason
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Low sex drive
As a modern 21st century woman you want to do it all and have it all.
It is not wrong.
But eventually it can burn you out and perhaps even break you down.
Don’t get me wrong.
I’m all for women power!
I’m a mom, a business woman, a public speaker, a dancer and a volunteer.
And I absolutely adore all these roles!
They empower me.
They fulfill me deeply and nourish my soul.
Each and every day.
But there was a time, no so long ago, when I was trapped in that invisible cage; for most of my adult years. Being a perfectionist and a go-getter just added fuel to the fire.
It was draining me, emptying my tank and slowly sucking the life out of me.
But I didn’t recognize it then.
I ignored my body’s desperate calls for help.
My body wanted to sleep, it wanted to take a break, it wanted to say ‘no’ to new responsibilities and it wanted to run away from the hustle to have some ‘me-time’.
I wanted to feel alive again!
Sadly, I didn’t pay attention to any of these cues.
I kept powering through it, until one day I just couldn’t anymore!
My engine had crashed.
It wouldn’t jump start.
Debilitating chronic body pain, unbearable digestive issues, anxiety and insomnia took over.
I was powerless, dejected, bitter and vulnerable.
I thought my life was over.
But this was a blessing in disguise! It was a much need jolt that made me rethink what I was doing and where it had landed me.
I realized that I was functioning like a robot on auto-pilot mode, fulfilling life’s demands and those ‘self- imposed’ expectations.
Today I can call them self-imposed, because in reality the choice to serve them was mine all along.
No one can really force you to do anything.
It’s your mind that hears them as commands that must be carried out at all costs.
You start believing that others are making you do those things, and that you are powerless.
These are the stories your mind is telling you to keep you trapped in that invisible cage.
So today, I’m calling out to you from the bottom of my heart to honor yourself.
- Draw a line.
- Evaluate what is it that you really want, what you are willing to do and when to say no.
- Stop feeding your false ego, being a victim, serving or living someone else’s dreams and life.
- Instead, inspire yourself.
- Envision a life free of these limiting beliefs.
- Be courageous, rebel if you must and challenge yourself for your own good.
- Focus on feeding your mind, body and soul.
- Get the support, guidance or help you need to achieve it.
Am I perfect at doing what I preaching?
I’m learning and experimenting. I’m challenging my own mental boundaries, sometimes failing- sometimes triumphing.
But it’s energizing me in a way I’ve never known before.
It’s drawing me to my new destiny.
Go ahead move towards yours.
I’d love to connect and create a tribe with you. Join me so we can do this together.
If eating healthy is on your to-do list, download my 3 day Sugar Detox here. It’s FREE!
During our call, we will:
- Create a crystal clear vision for the ideal life you’ll be living in your energized, symptoms free and confident body.
- Uncover the root cause, hidden challenges and self sabotaging habits that may be causing your symptoms.
- Leave this session renewed, inspired, ready to finally strengthen digestion so you can enjoy your favorite foods with restrictions and be your best once and for all. Simply click here and book your call.