With just a few weeks left to enjoy the summer heat, here is a delish and gratifying coconut cilantro chutney recipe you can use as spreads for sandwiches, wraps and even as a dip for the mouth watering BBQ foods.
The coconut imparts the dish it an exotic tropical taste, while the coriander is quite cooling to the body. So it’s a perfect dip/ spread for picnics, BBQs, and other social dining events in the hot summer days.
Coconut is a rich source of MCTs (medium chain triglycerides). These are burned by the body pretty much immediately as a fuel, thus not leaving much residue in the body to get deposited as fat in the fat tissues.
The MCTs in coconut are also believed to be converted into ketone bodies, which have shown as a potential replacement energy substrate for the brain!
Plus the added bonus is that it’s easy on your digestive tract.
- Fresh coconut meat from 1 coconut
- 1 whole bunch of cilantro/ coriander leaves
- 4-5 Mint leaves (add more if you want a minty taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 green chilies (optional)
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon
- Water (few tablespoons to help with blending)
- Mint or cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and work it till finely blended or to desired consistency.
- Add couple of tablespoons of water (or more) to help with the blending.
- Note: You can pre-make and refrigerate/ store in an air tight glass container for upto 3-5 days.
Let me know how it went….I always love to hear from you!