Chocolate Nuts and Date Treats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (softened in water if hard)
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (adjust amount to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes.
- Put all dry ingredients (except coconut flakes) in a food processor and grind till coarsely chopped
(to desired coarseness). I like them a little finely ground.
- Add maple syrup and give it one more whisk.
- Mould the mixture into small balls or give them desired fun shapes.
- Coat with dry coconut flakes.
- Freeze them for an hour to make them a little hard.
Serve frozen or refrigerated